16.7.11

Matzos and Raisins (Throwing Test)

When I hear music in my head, what am I listening to? 

Last night provided difficult situations of unprecedented horror only furthering the triumph of this morning. I went to the rainy Eugene Saturday market to scope out some preliminary fruits, crafts, and drug paraphernalia. I shuffled my feet from booth to booth watching the naked dancers gracefully fall to the muted and superimposed musical styling of bands and street performers (and perlatters) looking for any unbeknownst treasures about. I came upon this booth that sold local organic honey and decided to strike up a conversation with the cute women behind the stand who looked to be about my age. I told her the little I knew about the honey process and she mostly corrected me with various degrees of thinly veiled laughter (not for lack of trying). I must have looked pretty pathetic as this other guy came up to me and asked me if I wanted to go check something out, as if I knew him. So I started walking with him...

The key lies in describable details, interesting in review. 

I give nothing so when people stumble into an empty room, feel a breeze on their skin, or gaze upon a blank page, they think of me.  

There are three things I realized I will have to starting avoiding, domesticated animals, pizza submerged in red pepper flakes, and caffeinated coffee. Cats and Dogs especially will bother me for about 6 hours after I leave for every hour spent with the animals. It's probably not a linear relationship, but I'll take this data point. It's also hard for me to truly grasp the long term aspect of relationships when getting to know people. The first time I spend time with somebody new, every development seems so important at the time, but most people probably realize that one night playing Ms. Splosion Man doesn't really mean anything significant. Friendships aren't really these long planned out ventures to spend time with somebody, they're a a slow building favoritism and loyalty built from years of nights of games, eating, and just spending time together. I guess there are probably just more important things to worry about; almost as if social interaction is supposed to be instinctual. On the other hand, that's probably how it feels being the odd man out. Only two of the accepted first year students (including myself) came early to do research. 

I just wish I could make some tea and not see another human being. It would only take a few minutes. That's all I would need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment